What do you do when you have a refrigerator full of avocados that are ripe and ready to go? Make a raw avocado pie, of course! And what goes great with avocado? Strawberries!! You know me, I can’t leave well enough alone so I couldn’t stop with just the avocado pie. I simply had to add a strawberry cream topping with a little ganache to finish it off. The result is a delightfully paired trio…avocado, strawberries and chocolate. Another raw food dessert recipe for your collection!
Avocado and Strawberry “Cream” Pie
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts (I used presoaked, dehydrated nuts)
- 3 dates, soaked until soft
1. Place all ingredients in food processor. Pulse until finely ground and well blended.
2. Pat into 9″ pie plate. Set aside.
- 3 avocados
- 1 cup cashews, soaked overnight, rinsed and drained
- flesh from one thai coconut (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup agave nectar or liquid sweetener of choice
1. Place all ingredients in food processor, process until smooth.
2. Smooth into crust.
3. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- 1 1/2 cups cashews, soaked at least 6 hours, drained and rinsed.
- 1 cup filtered water
- 2/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons raw agave or liquid sweetener of choice
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
1. Combine all ingredients except strawberries in high speed blender. Blend until smooth. Refrigerate until set (this can take several hours).
2. Stir in sliced strawberries.
3. Spoon over pie.
- 1/4 cup raw agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup cacao