The inspiration for many of my recipes is simple. What’s in the refrigerator? It’s lunchtime, I haven’t planned and I am hungry. Not all raw food has to be planned in advance. A lot of raw food recipes can be made in minutes and provide us with a super nutritious, quick to make meal.
When I opened the refrigerator door, a large bag of organic carrots was staring at me. Next to the carrots were the hazelnuts. That started me thinking. Minutes later, I had a bowl of carrot- hazelnut soup, seasoned beautifully with a little ginger and cinnamon. The addition of an apple plus salt and pepper to taste created a savory depth. This is a must try raw food recipe! This can be warmed in the dehydrator, or high-speed blender. If you warm it on the stove, make sure you have a thermometer….the temp rises VERY fast.
Carrot Hazelnut Soup
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 3 cups carrots, cut into chunks
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 tablespoon honey, raw
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- salt and pepper to taste*
1. Place hazelnuts and water in food processor. Process until smooth
2. Add carrots, apple, honey, ginger, and cinnamon. Blend until smooth.
3. Salt and pepper to taste.
* I always use Himalayan Salt