I was always a big fan of tapioca pudding. Loved the texture, the taste, the richness. I still love contrasts. And this pudding is full of them. I wanted an extra rich pudding so I used cashew cream instead of milk. Topped off with fruit and a dash of cinnamon, it hits the spot! Experiment with different fruit, I know I will be!
Chia is packed with nutrients. To read more about the amazing health benefits of chia click here: Chia
Cinnamon and Fruit Chia Pudding
- 2 cups cashews, soaked overnight in the refrigerator
- 2 cups water, filtered
1. Drain and rinse cashews.
2. Combine with filtered water in blender (I used a high speed blender) and blend until smooth.
- 1 3/4 cups cashew cream
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup agave
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup blueberries
1. Mix together cashew cream, chia seeds, agave, vanilla and cinnamon. Set aside.
2. Slice strawberries.
3. When chia pudding has thickened up (about 5-10 minutes) stir in sliced strawberries and blueberries.
4. Keep refrigerated.
Makes 4 servings.