I often hear people talk about how difficult raw food is to make. Pish posh I say! One of my favorite lunches or dinners is quick and simple to put together, pretty easy on the wallet and also very tasty. All you need are some fresh veggies and in my case, a really good topping. Here is a quick version that I threw together tonight.
Pull out your favorite veggies, dice them up, throw them on some chard leaves top with sauce. You can just pick them up off the plate and eat! I made a tasty raw food recipe for a Lime Cayenne Cream for these.
Chard Wraps with Lime Cayenne Cream
- 5 leaves Chard
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 cup sprouts
- 1/2 cup jicama, chopped
1. Place chard leaves on the plate and layer the rest of the ingredients.
2. Top with Lime Cayenne Cream
Lime Cayenne Sauce
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked overnight, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon agave or raw honey
- 1/2 lime, juice from
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
1. Place all ingredients in high speed blender. Blend until smooth.
Not ready for 100% raw yet? Check out Rawmazing Transition Recipes. Easy, very tasty recipes that combine raw and cooked foods.
Click here for more information! Rawmazing Transitional Recipes