I am a huge fan of the Farmer’s Market. I go at least 2 to 3 times a week to get fresh produce, flowers, and plants. Prices can’t be beat, and the selection is always great. Sunday morning, I was making my usual rounds when I spotted a few friends at the Market Talk. It is a very cool demonstration area that highlights local growers, chefs, etc. I have done two raw food presentations there.
Sunday’s topic was, “All about Rutabaga” presented by Kim Christensen. She has a great blog called, “Affairs of Living” where she has all kinds of gluten free and allergy free recipes. I couldn’t help but sit down to watch because I love rutabaga. Kim was in the middle of a making a salad using raw rutabaga! Inspired, I went home and threw together a raw food recipe for fall slaw with rutabaga, kohlrabi, and a bunch of other fun things topped off with a Maple Tahini Dressing! This recipe goes together fast. The biggest problem I had was trying not to eat it all before I had a picture of it! This will become a staple at my house.
Fall Slaw with Maple Tahini Dressing
- 2 apples, one chopped, one grated
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 carrots
- 1 rutabaga, peeled and shredded
- 1 kohlrabi, peeled and shredded
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1. Place apples in bowl. Squeeze the juice from 1/2 lemon over the apples and stir.
2. Add the rest of ingredients and stir to combine.
Maple Tahini Dressing
- 3/4 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup water
- juice from 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup, yakon syrup or agave
- pinch Himalayan Salt (optional)
1. Whisk all ingredients together.
2. Pour over slaw and mix well.
Other Similar Recipes you might enjoy:
The winner of the UrthBaq is Nkneale! I have sent you an email. You will need to email me your address!!