I am still cleaning out from the holidays. My sugar cravings are subsiding for the most part but today I wanted to create a raw food recipe for a tasty sweet treat. I have had maple and pecan on the brain. I decided to throw together a little cookie that would satisfy my sweet tooth, and also my cravings for maple and pecan.
These cookies come together quickly, and are super tasty with the maple cinnamon glaze that goes on top. It is a great recipe for your raw food recipe collection!
Maple Cinnamon Pecan Cookies
- 2 cups cashews, soaked at least 6 hours and drained
- 1/2 cup maple syrup*
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup coconut, dried and unsweetened
- 1/2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
1. Place all ingredients except chopped pecans in the food processor.
2. Process until smooth.
3. Stir in the chopped pecans, by hand.
4. Place by teaspoon full onto a non-stick dehydrator sheet. Dehydrate at 140 for the first 1/2 hour (don’t worry, the food temperature will never get above 116), reduce heat to 115 and dehydrate for 6 hours.
5. Remove from sheet onto screens. Continue to dehydrate for another 4-6 hours.
6. Top with Maple Cinnamon Glaze
Maple Cinnamon Glaze
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Stir all ingredients together.
2. Let cool until the mixture just starts to thicken.
3. Spoon on top of cookies and let cool
Makes 2 1/2 dozen
*Maple Syrup is not raw but used frequently in raw food recipes.