After writing yesterday’s post on the amazing nutritional benefits of kale, I woke up this morning possessed with the thought of creating a new raw food recipe for a marinated kale salad. I love avocados and since tomatoes are in full season here, they had to be incorporated. For color and another burst of powerhouse nutrition, I added some purple cabbage and a purple onion.
Topped off with some protein packed hemp seeds and a wonderful lemon-garlic, flaxseed oil dressing, this quick salad not only packs a huge nutritional punch, it has a wonderful complexity of flavor that is refreshing and delightful to your palate! It is a perfect addition to your raw food diet recipe collection!
Marinated Kale Salad
- 1 clove garlic, finely diced
- 1 lemon, juice from (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar (you can substitute your favorite sweetener)
- pinch Himalayan salt
- pinch pepper
- 1/4 cup flax seed oil
1.Whisk together the garlic, lemon juice, agave, salt and pepper.
2. Slowly pour oil into the mixture while still whisking. Set aside.
- 1 bunch kale (I used dinosaur kale for this recipe. see: dinosaur kale)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 avocados, chopped
- 1/4 head purple cabbage, chopped
- 1/4 purple onion, diced
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
1. Remove stems from kale leaves and tear into bite sized pieces.
2. Combine kale with marinade. Massage for a few minutes to well coat, set aside.
3. Prepare tomato, avocado, cabbage and onion.
4. Stir into kale mixture and mix well.
5. Top with 1/4 cup hemp seeds and mix in.
To learn more about the nutritional benefits of kale, click here: Kale
Order here: Rawmazing Desserts