I often get asked where my inspiration for raw food recipes comes from. This raw food dessert is based on a dish that I had years ago. It was a pear that was poached in red wine and topped with whipping cream and pistachos. I never forgot that dessert. Recreating it in raw food form wasn’t difficult and the results are sublime!
Make sure you have fresh ripe pears and the rest is easy.
Pears with Pistachio Cream and Cacao
- 1/2 cup raw pistachios, soaked overnight, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons agave (or liquid sweetener of your choice)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Remove any skins that might remain on the pistachios after soaking.
2. Place all ingredients in high-speed blender, blend until smooth.
3. Refrigerate until firm.
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup agave (or liquid sweetener of your choice)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
1. Whisk all ingredients together to make the ganache.
- 2 pears
- 1/4 cup pistachios, chopped
- pistachio cream
1. Cut and core pears.
2. Place on plate and spoon pistacho cream into pears.
3. Top with ganache and chopped pistachios.