This is what I learned this weekend. Do not create a raw food recipe that you plan to shoot, invite 10 people over and have to leave the room for a bit. They will find it in your refrigerator, like heat seeking missiles, and devour it before you get the photographs done! Which, I take to mean, they loved these!
A lot of my raw food recipes are born simply from the ingredients that I see when I open the cupboard. I had a bag of pistachios left over from another recipe and dried cherries. The two go beautifully together so I put together these macaroons!
We also had a winner for yesterday’s contest. I used something called a knobbed rolling pin. Stacy L guessed if first and got the book! This is my knobbed rolling pin:
Pistachio Dried Cherry Macaroons
- 1 cup pistachios, ground into flour
- 1 cup dried coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup agave
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped dried cherries
1. Mix all ingredients together.
2. Shape into balls (I use a tablespoon measure) and place on dehydrator screens.
3. Dehydrated at 140 for 1 hour, then 115 for 6-8 hours or until desired dryness is achieved. Cool.
4. Dip in cacao ganache. Recipe here: Cacao Ganache