I read once that Mother Theresa was invited to an “Anti War Rally”. She refused. When asked to attend a “Peace Rally”, she gladly accepted. Seems like the same thing but one has negativity (anti-war) built into it, the other positivity. With that in mind, I want to comment on what I see as a tremendous amount of negativity and judgement in the “raw food world” but I am going to try to do it in a positive way.
It seems that everyone has their own idea of how you should eat. One “expert” says you should eat 12 avocados a day and no fruit. Another promotes eating bananas. Lots of bananas. Some say no fruit, others no grains. And the saddest thing is if you don’t do it exactly the way they say, somehow you are not doing it correctly. There is a lot of judgement and blame going on there. We already judge ourself harshly enough. Do we really need some else declaring us a failure if we don’t follow their dictates? So many of us (I include myself in that) already have a messed up relationship with food. Do we need to punish ourselves even more if we “fall off the wagon”?
It has always been my belief, here at Rawmazing that everyone is welcome, no matter where you are on your raw food journey. If something you read here or see here inspires you to add just one healthy thing to your diet, I am happy. I love raw food. I believe in raw food. I also believe in sanity and support. You will find both here.
1. Everyone is welome, no matter where you are in your food journey.
2. You will not be judged. Even if you are eating 5 steaks a day. All you need here is a desire to learn about eating healthier and incorporating more raw foods (and less processed foods) into your diet.
3. You do not have to be 100% raw to receiving benefits from adding raw foods into your diet (but you really should try it sometime.)
4. We understand that everyone is at a different place on their raw food journey.
5. We don’t believe in terms like “falling off the wagon”. Implies failure.
6. We believe that food is an important part of life first, nutritionally but also sensory, culturally and simply for enjoyment!
7. No one has all of the answers. You need to figure out what works for you.
Have a wonderful Monday!