School is back in session! A quick, healthy raw food recipe, that is easy to throw together, packs a big nutritional punch and requires no dehydrator provides quick after school snacks.
Goji berries are considered to be one of the most nutrient rich “super-foods” available. Goji berries have protein, healthy fat and fiber. They are also loaded with macro-nutrients and anti-oxidents! They contain 18 amino acids, 8 of which are essential aminos. They also have vitamin C (more than oranges), beta caroteen (more than carrots), and iron!
To read more about the nutritional value of oats, read here: Oats
No dehydrator needed! You can mix these up fast and have them ready. Keep them in the fridge or freeze for later.
Cacao Oat Goji Balls
- 3 cups raw flaked oats*
- 1/2 cup cacao
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup agave or 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup goji berries
1. Mix oats, cacao and almond flour together in a large bowl. Set aside.
2. In separate bowl, whisk together agave, and melted coconut oil.
3. Pour wet ingredients into bowl with dry. Add almond butter. Mix well.
4. Mix in goji berries.
5. Form into 1″ balls, chill to set.
*Note: you can find raw flaked oats here: Sunrise Flour Mill
You might also enjoy: