When I see Meyer lemons at the market, I always get excited. Why? I think it has something to do with the name. It is romantic. It’s not a lemon, it is a MEYER lemon. Kind of like how “Key Lime” sounds more romantic than “lime”. Thought to be a cross between a lemon and an orange, Meyer lemons are not quite as tart as regular lemons. They have a wonderful deep yellow skin and are actually sweet enough to eat.
The light lemon “souffle” combined with jammy raspberry layer satisfies all of your lemon cravings and makes a great dessert for raw and non-raw alike. It is another one of those recipes that people will not believe is healthy, let alone raw.
I used my favorite 8-inch deep tart pan for this tart. I love the extra deepness plus the beautiful fluted edge that it gives. You can find it here: My favorite 8″ deep tart pan.
Raw Meyer Lemon Raspberry “Souffle” Tart
- 2 cups macadamia nuts
- 4 dates, softened in water and drained
- 2 pints raspberries
- 4 dates
- 1 cup meyer lemon juice
- 2 cups cashews, soaked 6 hours, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup raw, organic agave nectar (or liquid sweetener of choice)
- 3/4 cup coconut butter, softened
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, softened
- 2 teaspoons Meyer lemon zest
- pinch of turmeric, for color
1. Place all ingredients in high-speed blender. Blend until very smooth.
2. Pour over cooled jam layer and chill at least 6 hours or until set.
*I love my 8″, deep tart pan for these type of recipes. It is deeper than a regular tart pan and has a pretty edge. You can fine it here: My favorite 8″ deep tart pan.