Yesterday, my wonderful assistant Shannon and I sat down and figured out all of the new recipes for the 2014 calendar which will be available in October. I am so excited to get working on all of the delicious recipes that will be included! I made sure that none of the recipes require a dehydrator so the calendar is universal to anyone wanting to experiment with raw food! All of the recipes are unique to the calendar and delicious.
While doing some research for this year’s calendar, I pulled out the 2011 calendar. The raw Dried Fig and Pear tart was so good, I decided to share it with you! It is one of my all-time favorite recipes. Easy to make and no dehydrator needed! The filling is studded with pears, figs and ginger! Pears are in season so it is a great time to make this delicious tart.
PS The winner of the Nutri Bullet was Kylie! Congratulations!
Sadie helping plan the 2014 Rawmazing Recipe Calendar.
Pear and Fig Ginger Tart
- 1 cup almonds, soaked at least 6 hours, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup dried mission figs
1. Place almonds in food processor and process until ground fine
2. Add figs and process until figs are chopped and incorporated into the almonds.
3. Pat into 8″ Tart Pan with removable bottom.
- 1 cup cashews, soaked at least 6 hours, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, soaked at least 6 hours, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup organic raw agave nectar, maple syrup or liquid sweetener of choice
- 1/3 cup coconut butter or oil, softened
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 pear, cored and chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh figs (you can also use dried)
- 1 cup figs, cut in half and flattened for top
1. Place cashews, macadamia nuts, agave, coconut butter and ginger in high-speed blender or food processor. Process until smooth.
2. Stir in chopped pear and figs.
3. Spread over crust in tart pan.
4. Top with halved dried figs and chill for at least 6 hours.