Sometimes there are no words. This was so simple and so delicious I just had to share. Soft, moist and juicy, so close to the real thing.
I haven’t made a “crisp before even though fruit crisps are some of my favorite desserts. I wanted to lighten this one up (not make the “crisp” only from nuts) so I threw in some raw oats. It is so simple. Nuts, oats, berries and a little sweetener. You can get gluten free oats too. The best part of this recipe is that you can throw it in the dehydrator in the morning, and have a wonderful, warm dessert later!
Boy, this was good.
Raw Cherry Crisp
- 2 cups walnuts
- 1 cup almonds
- 2 cup flaked, raw oats
- 2 cups fresh cherries, pitted, chopped
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
1. Place walnuts and almonds in food processor. Pulse until coarsely ground. Remove to bowl.
2. Stir oats into nut mixture.
3. Mix together cherries and agave.
4. Stir into nut mixture.
5. Place in 4 ramekins or small glass bowls. Dehydrate at 145 for 45 minutes (Don’t worry, it is still raw. The food temp never goes above 115), reduce heat to 115 and dehydrate for 5-6 more hours. Serve warm.
*You can get flaked oats here: Sunrise Flour Mill (Tell them we sent you.)