Sometimes you have to think outside of the box. Inspired by my prolific basil plants, I decided to create a raw food recipe for basil ice cream with strawberries. Basil Ice Cream you ask? Honestly, it is an eye-roller (meaning it is so good, your eyes roll back into your head when you taste it). I love fresh new flavor combinations and this one is over the top. Keep in mind that you have to start this the day before to get the infusion from the basil into the cream. (click the more link for recipe.)
You will find more great dessert recipes in the new Rawmazing Desserts Recipe Book! Order yours today! Click here: Rawmazing Desserts
Strawberry Basil Ice Cream
- 2 cups cashews (soaked at least 3 hours then drained)
- 2 cups water
- handful fresh basil (1/4 cup packed tightly)
1. Place cashews and water in high-speed blender.
2. Process until very smooth.
3. Bruise the basil (crush it in your hand to start releasing the oils).
4. Stir into cream, place in container and refrigerate for 24 hours, stirring occasionally.
5. Strain ( a colander works the best as this is quite thick.)
- 2 cups basil cream
- 1/2 cup brazil nut milk (see: Brazil Nut Milk)
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
1. Combine basil cream, brazil nut milk, and agave.
2. Freeze according to manufactures instructions. (You can also freeze in the freezer, scraping occasionally while freezing.)
3. Remove from ice cream maker and stir in chopped strawberries.
4. Place in container (I use glass) to finish off freezing.