When the summer heat hits, I am looking for quick, easy light raw food. Today I threw together a nut and seed pâté that you are going to love. There is about 3/4 of a cup of nuts and seeds plus a cup of chopped carrots, celery, etc. to lighten it up. I threw in some fun, super healthy spices, turmeric, cinnamon, and cumin to give it a lot of flavor. This blends up quickly with a food processor!
You can serve this in romain leaves, roll it up in chard leaves, and put it on flat breads!
Summer Nut and Seed Pâté
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup finely diced carrots (in food processor)
- 3 stalks finely diced celery
- 1/4 cup dried currants
- 1/2 cup scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Soak the nuts and seeds for 8 hours, drain and rinse.
2. Place nuts and seeds in food processor. Process until finely chopped.
3. Mix together with the rest of the ingredients.
Serve on romain leaves, roll up in chard, or spread on flat breads!