I just returned home from a fantastic trip to San Francisco. It is beautiful there. The stunning bay and the brilliant flowers and vines everywhere have such an amazing impact. It is like you landed in a fairytale land full of color. And the produce! Let’s just say that Dorothy wasn’t in Kansas anymore.
It was a blessed trip and I can’t honestly say I am ready to be home. But I am and tonight I wanted something simple and fresh to eat. I decided to whip up stuffed tomatoes. This recipe comes together in just minutes and is packed with flavor. You can use the dill dressing recipe or just salt and pepper the filling and enjoy it that way! I had some of the dill dressing in the freezer so that was a no brainer!
Stuffed Tomatoes with Dill Sauce
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup jicama, diced
- 1/3 cup scallions, sliced
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- Dill Dressing, recipe here: Dill Dressing
- Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut tops off (about 1/2 inch down) of tomatoes and scoop out insides. Dice tops and set aside.
2. Toss together diced tomato tops, celery, jicama, scallions and pumpkin seeds.
At this point you can lightly salt and pepper or,
3. Mix in 2-3 tablespoons of the dill dressing.
4. Fill tomatoes and top with a spot of dressing, if you used it.
*Serves 4 (If this is all you are serving, it will probably only serve 2)