Looking for a great raw food dinner menu that is perfect for a summer evening? Corn and zucchini, plentiful and extremely compatible, are abundant right now. With just a little prep time, you can serve your family or friends this delicious dinner…100% raw food! Starting your prep early in the day, a few simple steps, into the dehydrator and you don’t have to worry about it until dinner! The corn soup is refreshing and lively with a little dash of chipotle and smoked paprika. Enjoy! For Recipe, click “more” below.
Raw Food Summer Dinner Menu
- 2 medium zucchini
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- pinch Himalayan Salt
- pinch pepper
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional)
1. Cut zucchini into pieces. These should be about 1/2 x 1/2 by 4″. They dehydrate quite a bit so don’t be afraid to make them big enough.
2. Put garlic through press.
3. Combine garlic, oil, salt and pepper. Put in large bowl and add nutritional yeast (optional).
4. Toss to coat zucchini.
5. Place on screens and dehydrate at 140 for 30 minutes, reduce heat to 115 and continue to dehydrate for 4-5 hours.
*wonder why we start the temperature high? Read here: Dehydration Basics
- 2 cauliflower heads
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1/2 cup olive oil, cold pressed
- 1/4 cup nama shoyu
1. Slice cauliflower into 1/2 inch slices and place in glass pan.
2. Blend together agave, olive oil, and nama shoyu.
3. Pour marinade over cauliflower steaks. (you will have some cauliflower that breaks off…just marinate that, too), flip to coat.
4. Marinate for at least an hour. ( I always do this in the refrigerator)
5. Dehydrate on screens for 1/2 hour at 140, then reduce heat to 115 and finish dehydrating for 4-5 hours.
Chipotle Corn Soup
- 4-5 cups fresh corn (approximately 6 ears)
- 1 1/2 cups water (filtered)
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle
- pinch Himalayan salt
- pinch smoked paprika (optional)
1. Place all ingredients in high-speed blender. Blend until well combined.
2. Strain through strainer (you may have to assist the liquid through the strainer by stirring it.)
3. Serve topped with a pinch of the smoked paprika (optional) and kale chips.
At least 6 hours before you want to eat, marinating the cauliflower. While that is marinating, prepare the zucchini. Put zucchini and cauliflower steak in dehydrator. 20 minutes before you eat, make the corn soup! It’s that easy!
Available in Print or Download