Years ago, one of my family’s favorite desserts was a white chocolate, raspberry, chocolate tart. I have been thinking about it lately and decided that I was going to make a raw version to bring to the 4th of July celebration at my friend Kim’s house. I was the only raw food person there but I sure wasn’t the only person who loved the dessert. It was a huge success.
If you want a light crust, like in the picture, you will have to peel the almonds. This is actually very easy once they have been soaked. The skins pop right off. This beautiful dessert looks like you spent hours in the kitchen but actually comes together very quickly. You can find raw cacao butter in the Rawmazing Store here: Rawmazing Store.
White Chocolate Dark Chocolate Raspberry Tart
- 1 cup almonds, soaked 6 hours, drained and peeled
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1. Process almonds in food processor until finely ground.
2. Add coconut oil and pulse until well combined.
3. Press mixture in the bottom of a 8-inch tart pan.
4. Place in refrigerator.
- 2 cups soaked cashews
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- 1/2 cup cacao butter, melted
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 pints raspberries
1. Blend cashews, agave nectar, cacao butter, coconut oil and vanilla in food processor.
2. Process until very smooth. You can also use a Vitamix.
3. Spread a thin layer of the filling on the crust.
4. Place a layer of raspberries over the filling. Pack them tightly.
5. Pour the rest of the filling mixture over raspberries.
Top with layer of Chocolate Ganache
Chocolate Ganache recipe here: Chocolate Ganache
Other similar recipes can be found here: Desserts