We are right in the height of zucchini season and I have pounds of zucchini sitting on my kitchen counter. My farmer friend, Gray, put in quite a few plants and they have been prolific. Inspired by an old, non-raw recipe for zucchini chocolate cake, I put together a raw food recipe for these little zucchini cacao bites. You, and your family will love them. They have a wonderful chocolate flavor and a moist, chewy texture. Feel free to add nuts!
Zucchini Cacao Cookies
- 3 cups grated zucchini
- 2 cups oat flour (raw)*
- 3/4 cup cacao
- 2 apples, cored and quartered
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup olive oil (cold pressed)
1. Grate zucchini and set aside.
2. Mix together cacao and oat flour. Set aside.
3. Place apples in food processor with agave, water and olive oil. Process until smooth.
4. Stir together flour mixture and apple mixture.
5. Add to grated zucchini and stir until well combined.
6. Drop by spoonful onto non-stick dehydrator sheets. Flatten slightly. Dehydrate at 145 for 1/2 hour then reduce heat to 115 and dry for 4 hours. Remove from non-stick sheets and continue to dry until done. (aprox 4 more hours)
Makes 3 dozen.
*You can order raw flour here: Sunrise Flour Mills